Tuesday, April 29, 2014


Long time ago, I got a dress, which I think it look nice. This yellowish batik dress, actually look gorgeous on the mannequin, lol. I like the pattern and the color combinations, but I rarely wear it (only two times since I got it). It is absolutely way too big for me, even the obi help to hide the big size. And the worse, it's too long for my height, lol. Make me look more short XD. So, I think I should do something with this dress, or else I would never wear it again. Mum suggest to give elastic band on the waist, so the dress will fit me and the obi didn't move around.

One day, I was looking for sewing tutorial and found this lovely convertible dress idea, from extrapetite.com. I was thinking this idea will be great for that yellow dress. I was too afraid to cut the dress into two part, so I start with trying to put zipper on the left side of the dress. I want to see how it looks like when it body fit. 

First time putting zipper, messy ;p
2nd time, better
Just add zipper on the side
Here's how it looks like after I put the zipper. Look better! So, I decided to reconstructing this dress. First, I have to measure the skirt lenght, and how much fabric I have. And have to measure the pleated size, so I don't make mistake when I cut the dress into 2 parts. 



After getting 2 pieces of the fabric, I just follow the instruction just like when I make my pleated denim skirt, in the other post here. I use the oby as the waist band, so it will match with the pattern on the arm. And here's the transformation look. More fit to body, and the important thing is not make look drowning in it ^^. 

The transformation

Since this is convertible dress, I can wear it with another top, just like this one, with black t shirt. 
with black tshirt

With a black belt


So what do you think? Need to do reconstruction to old dress? ;)

Love, Ninu


0 comments:

Post a Comment