Friday, June 6, 2014

Woohoo!! Practice On!! Finally my Manduka mat arrives yesterday! So Happy! I finally order new mat from Manduka Indonesia last week. Haha! Should have do it last year XD. I already saw this mat last year online, but didn't buy it because I thought it's pricey just for a mat. Nah! I was wrong.

Last year I got a yoga set from Body Sculpture for cheap price. I thought it feels slippery because it's still new. Haha! After 2-3 times try it at home, it still slippery XD. And I didn't use the other props (blocks, strap, eye mask & DVD), until now. Haha! What a waste! 

Like I said, I just start taking yoga class since last month. And I did use my slippery pinky mat. I thought it might "break in" if I often use it, but it didn't happen. Maybe because it's PVC mat, not TPE or rubber mat. Here is my old mat look like. 

Source
Before buy this new mat, I did another research for 2 weeks. The more I search the more I become confuse, lol! And the choices are between Manduka Ekolite, Jade Travel Mat, Cuca ECO-Care and YF Yoga mat. So the choice goes to Manduka Ekolite, even it's pricey but it's the best mat (based on online review, my friend and teacher review, too!). I was going to get Cuca ECO-Care, but it's only 100k different from Manduka Ekolite. Both are eco-friendly, but Manduka Ekolite made from natural rubber and biodegradable and Cuca made from TPE. After decide Manduka, I got another problem to choose the color (every colors look sooo pretty!). I even ask my friend opinion, lol. And decide to get the "Quest" or light blue.


The dark blue (Midnight) one is belong to my teacher, we order the mat together. He got the Super Ekolite one, that's why it's thinner than mine. On the package says "ultra grip sweaty + dry", so we will see, but I have no problem with sweat ^^. I never get extreme "drooling" sweat while workout.


Unwrap to feel the love ;) Hehe! First impression when I unwrap it, the color so pretty and it feel comfy when I touch it. 


It have nice stripy texture on it (just like what they mention on the website), for extra grip. One other thing that you might notice is the smell, it's really strong rubber smell. But it means it's made from real rubber and new rubber stuff always smell like that ;)


So, I put this mat in my bedroom so it can "breath" and the rubbery smell will be gone soon. But it makes my whole bedroom smells like rubber, haha! So, light on the candle, smell better ;) Another good thing from this mat is easy to roll up ;). It's like stick when I rolling it up, not like my old mat, I have to struggling when I try to rolling it into small roll to fit the mat bag.


See, after  I roll it up, my pink mat start unrolled my itself and become bigger, lol. Maybe because that pink mat didn't have grip, hehe. So, bye-bye to pinky mat (mum already ask my old mat, she want to reuse it as something else, not for yoga practice ;p). I can't wait to try this blue things this Sunday ;) Namaste!

Love, Ninu






0 comments:

Post a Comment