Sunday, June 1, 2014



See the jungle through the eagle eyes, what an epic title ;p That's what I felt when I finally able to visit The Canopy Bridge in Bangkirai Forest. It was sunny day, me, my sister, and our friend from South Korea come to visit us, in here! Yea! In Balikpapan. Lets, meet Jihyun and his 4 years old Jungle!


Maybe some of you must be wondered how do I know her, hehe! She was one of  my hosts from Couchsurfing while I visit South Korea last year (I haven't post anything about my Seoul travel XD). She planned to travel around Indonesia for 2 or 3 months with his cute son. And I was so exciting when they finally got a chance to visit us!

So, our journey starts on Saturday morning. Driving out of city, to go to some places. First place was the KWPLH. I've been to that place before, so I will skip that place. Our second place is the Bukit Bangkirai. I never been to this place my whole life, lol. At first, we (me and the driver) thought we are lost, because all we see only trees and some sign to Petung, not Bukit Bangkirai, lol.


There are some cars in fron of us, so we decide to follow them (we assume that they are going to the same place, because we meet them before at KWPLH). We was stuck about 1 hour after we see the first sign. Because there's a big hole in the road and the car in front of us can't go, until they put some wood in it. It was long drive until we see the sign (finally!) 


From that gate, it's about half hour to our destination XD. After we reach our destination, it was super hot and we all exhausted. We plan to have lunch at restaurant, but the food not ready yet (what?! T_T) We almost cancel this trip, because there's a rule kid's under 5 year old can't go to the canopy bridge and the canopy bridge seems far. We can't take stroller and Jungle have to walk, that's the problem. I ask the officer how far, and he said its about 1-2 hours. What?!? Jihyun already give up, I told her, we came this far to go to canopy bridge, let me ask the officer again. And finally, after clear instruction, the officer said, kids can go with adult, and the first canopy birdge only 500 meter from our place now, lol (So, that 1-2 hours walk was how long you want to stay around the canopy bridge, haha!) Soo, here we go!!


There's something funny happened when we start walking. Jungle was so happy, and he was dancing and fell down. Hehe.. I'm trying to upload the video, but the connection too slow XD.







He doesn't want to go down. Haha! That's what he do, trying to push the tree, lol! Before we go down stairs, he stuck his head in the fences. He said "mummy, look I can slide my head", few minutes later he said "mummy, I can't take out my head" XD. We was worry if he can't take it out and stuck here. But finally! He can! Yay! Too bad I didn't take picture (Jihyun took a pic). Maybe should ask her the pic and update here.


This is what I mean by see the jungle through eagle eyes ;) What a beautiful view from up here :) This bridge was build with american constructions. And it already established for years.





I really miss this little guy :) He is so funny, even we can't talk, lol! Because he only speak a little english and I can't speak korean, haha! 

So it was fun day at Bukit Bangkirai. Maybe next time will have to explore all the track ^^

Love, Ninu

0 comments:

Post a Comment