Friday, May 2, 2014

Finally! After one year, yea! One year break from yoga. Haha! It started last year, when I went to South Korea for two weeks holiday. Then got new job, got two months job training three days after back from Seoul. That's all make my yoga spirit messed up! Two months in Surabaya for training, I can't find yoga class near my place. And back from there, was too lazy! I started to do yoga at home with new yoga mat, which I found out it have bad quality and super slippery XD. Then I stop doing yoga at home. On September 2013, i started join dad's trekking group every Saturday. I thought it was enough, but last week we walk about 2,5 hours trekking and my chest feel hurts real bad. So, no more excuses, I have to back to do yoga! 


Yesterday, was the first day! It was fun and great! Yesterday, Kevin lead us, and as usual he like to use me as example in doing some poses XD. I can feel all my muscles stretched up. Even it just the beginner workout.  

So this month, I also want to challenge my self to do 30 Days Plank Challenge. Actually I want to do it last month, but It already mid April. There's lots of 30 day workout challenges in here. They also have the apps for android and iphone. But it's not free and I can't download it XD can't connect my Google wallet to my cards. Back to plank challenge, since I can't download the app (I have to figure it out later) I decide to print the schedule from other source. You must be wondering, why plank challenge. I know this pose long time ago when I start yoga, and I love it. I can feel my abs working. This picture will explain the best thing about plank.

Source

See! It's simple and won't take much time. But, you have to be careful when doing it. Here's how to do a plank :

  1. Get in the pushup position, and put your forearms on the ground instead of your hands. Your elbows should line up directly underneath your shoulders and toes on the ground.
  2. Push off the floor, raising up off your knees onto your toes and resting mainly on your elbows.
  3. Squeeze your glutes and tighen your abs. Keep a neutral neck and spine.
  4. Keep you back flat -strong line from head to toes. 
  5. Hold as long as you can

Source



Thisngs to Remember
  1. Look down at the ground! First time trying plank pose, I didn't look down and it cause pain on my neck. 
  2. Don't let your hips down to the ground. Sagging hips make the exercise initially easier, but it's not a plank and it defeats the purpose of the exercise.
  3. Breathe! Slowly, steady, breathe in and out with your nose (not your mouth). You are not doing yourseld any good if you hold your breath.

So, here's the challenge schedule. I already skip day-1, but I did more on yoga class yesterday. We will see the result next month! (I will try to do the update every week)

source

Let's workout!! 

Love, Ninu



0 comments:

Post a Comment