Saturday, May 17, 2014

This morning, I finally go to morning yoga class! Even I came 15 minutes late XD. I woke up super early this morning (around 2 am) and I can't go back to sleep. So the whole early morning, I was in bed, watching TV and texting a friend. He said this morning yoga class will be funny because I will fall asleep in class XD. But the fact, I fell asleep in my bed. And wake up super late, around 7.30 am. I was feeling abit exhausted and dizzy and finally left home at 7.58 am. Haha! I know I will be late.

So this is my first Saturday class in my life ;p and my first morning yoga class ever. I went this morning, because it was holiday on Thursday and I have to go to yoga class twice a week (I don't want to miss any class). Today, the teacher is different, a beautiful old woman (a friend said she's 60's), and she teach us with this big ball. I thought this is will be easy, I'm WRONG! This is hard! It only took 5 minutes to make me sweat alot. The first pose I tried was Warrior 1, and it's hard, maybe because I don't used with the ball. Usually I can do it easily. This is more challenging, even the downward dog pose become hard with this big ball.

Source
That's one of the pose I did today. The teacher said, this workout is more about strength and flexibility. I just read some articles about the Ball, and just realize every person need different ball size. Here's the guidance from WikiHow to choose your ball based on your height.

Source
  • 5 feet or shorter (152.4 cm), this is my size, the ball will be 18 inches (45 cm) ball.
  • 5 feet 1 inch (155 cm) to 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm), then try 22 inches (55 cm) ball.
  • 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) to 6 feet 1 inch (185), try 26 inches (65 cm) ball
  • And if you are 6 feet 2 inches or taller, 30 inches (75 cm) is your ball.
Note : Choose a larger ball if you have back problems, long legs or for stretching and yoga exercises.

So, the conclusion today, it's ok to use bigger ball for yoga exercises. Haha! I was thinking the ball that I use this morning way to big for my size ;p The last week on this month, I will have another Saturday morning class (two holidays on my regular yoga class). I hope next time I will get a chance to try it again from the beginning (noted to my self : don't be late!). Happy Yoga and Namaste!

Love, Ninu



0 comments:

Post a Comment