Friday, August 15, 2014

After finishing the pony amigurumi, like I said before on my last crochet post here, I will make another amigurumi. This is the first complicated amigurumi I ever made, and I already made a deadline to finish it (before Ramadhan ends). 
Like I said before, I want to make dragon amigurumi. After searching for some free pattern, finally I fell in love with this cute Toothless amigurumi by Sarselgurumi. At first, it seems complicated (it is complicated!), because I have to make lots of part of the amigurumi and find out some stitch I never done before. It took some time to make all part, but it WORTH it! I even have to do the tail and wings couple times (the wings pattern is the most complicated one, because I never do foundation stitch before).

Here's some progress pictures since I start it last month. Start with the head and body and continue with the feet and tail. If you confused reading the pattern from the Sarselgurumi, you can check this link here for pictures tutorial based on Sarselgurumi pattern. The feet look cute with those fingers :)
This is what happened when I keep distracted while crocheting XD. The ears didn't have the same length, so I have to start over again. I made mistake in row  9-14. Hehe! 
 So this is the progress so far minus mini horns, wings and tailfins
Here's how it look with the horns. I haven't attach the head to the body, because I think it will be more easier to attach the upper parts to head and the lower parts to the body before attaching head and body.  

Last but not least, I finally finish the hardest part! Yes! The wings! And I directly attach it to body right after I done it. See how nice the wings are :) 
And here's is the final result! Everything already attach to it places :) Except the eyes XD. I want to use safety eyes, but so far can't find it here. Maybe I should order online.

Ow, one more thing, I did change the way to attach the back feet. Because I want my Toothless be able to stand. So I attach it just like the way I attach the front feet. This how it look when standing :))

So, you must be wonder why I choose that blue yarn instead black or dark blue yarn. Because I only have that yarn at the moment, and I can't wait to buy new yarn! Hehe ;p I can't wait to put the safety eyes and see the final result!! 

Speak soon,
Ninu 

0 comments:

Post a Comment