Thursday, June 11, 2015

I've been craving for spring roll, because I saw on My Kitchen rule they make Vietnamese spring roll. So, I did a little recipe research and found some. But too bad when I go to get the ingredients, the main part, rice paper not available XD. So, I just got the regular spring roll wrap. Here's the recipe that I make my self (due to lack of ingredients ;P) and I didn't really measure the ingredients.

Main Ingredients 
  • Spring Roll Wrap, I use the TYJ Spring Roll Pastry, its 
  • Shrimps.
  • Veggies : Red Cabbage,Carrot, Lettuce, Bean Sprouts, Spring Onion.
  • Garlic and Shallot, if you can't find shallot just use onion.
  • Egg, boiled (optional)
  • Salt, Black pepper, Chili Flakes, Dry Basil
  • Olive Oil and Sesame Oil
Directions
  • Cut the red cabbage, carrot, lettuce and spring onion. I prefer to slice the carrot and spring onion in thin shape. For the lettuce just cut about 3 or 4 cm. Don't forget to wash the veggies, especially the bean sprouts.
  • Take some cloves garlic and shallot, and finely chopped. I prefer use cheese grater ;).
  • Cut the shrimp into small cut, but you can just leave it uncut.
  • Heat the pan, and add a little olive oil. Stir fry the garlic and shallot until you can smell the flavor. Put the shrimp into the pan and add a little sesame oil. 
  • When the shrimp turn into nice orange colour, put the carrot and mix it well. Next bean sprout, red cabbage and spring onion at the same time. Mix it well. Add seasoning (salt, black pepper, chili flakes, dry basil).
  • Prepare the wrap, put the lettuce then add the stir fry veggies and add sliced boiled egg. And fold it. Done! You can refrigerate it, and fry it later. I prefer to fry pan to get the crispy but not oily. 



Note : 
You can use whatever veggies you have, change the shrimp or skip the boiled egg. Just improvise guys! Next time I will try the real Vietnamese recipe. 

Happy Eating!

speak soon,
Ninu



0 comments:

Post a Comment