Thursday, March 20, 2014


So, last weekend was a lazy weekend. I have been wanting to do some DIY project since two weeks ago. But, lazy me, I have done nothing. Until last weekend, in the boring evening, I encourage my self to do something. I've been thinking to paint my old bookshelf long time ago. Because it's pretty damage from last time, I sent it back home. Last weekend, I did a trial to create chevron pattern on it.



This is the stuff you will need for this project :
Paper tape
Scissor
Pencil, to make center mark.
Spray paint, I use white glossy color
Nail polish remover and cotton bud

How to :
At first I was like, okay, let's do this. That's why I directly give center mark and put the tapes. After two tapes, I think I need to knock it down, to make it more easier. So I did it and finish the rest of the tapes.


If you want good chervon pattern, better measure it. I didn't really measure it, I just give center mark. As you can see, the pattern have some different space. Because I'm trying to hide those ugly sides. 



So now, it's time to take it outside and paint it. You can use any paint you want, but i prefer spray paint (because I have this last can from painting my wardrobe ;p)


After spray paint it, let it dry under the sun. It was a little cloudy that day, and dad say it probably wont result good paint. I wait about 1 hour and check it. It's a little uneven on some part, so spray paint it again and wait another 1 hour.



When it already dry, peeled off the tape. I was too excited peeling it off, and I ripped some part XD. Also, I just realize some part didn't really create straight lines, maybe I didn't press the edge correct. So, I use my nail remover and cotton bud to clean the messy part.

Look nice! I will finish the other part this weekend . Fighting!

Love, Ninu


0 comments:

Post a Comment